UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

clone a project in vivado.

Hi

there are a few similar results on this in the forums but I've had no joy.
I've also used the TCL archive_project, etc with no luck. It's not what want.
Please forgive me if I my searching has not worked

What I want to do :I have a project, and all the sources , everything is down from one directory. It's not scattered... 

Then I wish to  go and modify the clone as a separate entity. 

Simple right ?

Well, just copying the directory and opening the (copied) project reveals all sorts of uglyness that I spend a couple of hours fixing, and a mess is made ... There appear to be fixed directory (not relative) dependencies....

I end up with a bunch of my source files (I keep in their own directory) imported into the project if I try to . get vivado to sort it out . In my project I never have vivado 'copy sources into project' , always just add sources (references) .  Is this way I do things fighting me ?

What am I missing here .....

Any suggestions will save me much time and teeth knashing with this otherwise fine (Vivado) product.

with thanks

glen english.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Guide avrumw
Guide

Re: clone a project in vivado.

With the project open in the GUI you can just do "Save Project As..." and select a new directory - this will copy all the files related to the project to a new project under the new directory.

The same thing can be done by script using the "save_project_as" command.

Avrum

0 Kudos

@glenenglish,

If your query is addressed, please close this thread by marking appropriate reply as solution.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Avrum

I just got the notification of the your reply.

I tried that under 2015.4 and was left with missing parts of the project- mainly the Xilinx IP appears to be missing great slabs of configuration, too many error messages to list. I will try under 2016.2 and see how I go. 

With thanks

0 Kudos