Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

copy part or all of a block diagram?

Jump to solution

Hi,

is there a way to copy part or all of a block diagram from one Vivado project to another project?  

I tried copy, but when I go to the other project, the paste doesn't work.

An export/import method?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: copy part or all of a block diagram?

Jump to solution

Hi @rs2015,
Glad to know.

If that answers your query, please close this thread by marking answer "Accept as Solution"

-Shreyas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Use write_bd_tcl
this will generate script of your current IPI BD. Source this script to your new design.
More information UG835

-Shreyas
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution

Thanks I did this.  

When I sourced in the destination project, it created a second totally separate block design in the project.

Then I did a select-all and copy, and I was able to paste the whole thing into the main block design.

Then I deleted the extra block design.

So it worked. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @rs2015,
Glad to know.

If that answers your query, please close this thread by marking answer "Accept as Solution"

-Shreyas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Hi!

Thank you, it is really a useful method.

Regards,
Farnam
0 Kudos