UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor halils
Visitor

copying design sources

Jump to solution

I have two different projects and I want to copy one of the modules and its submodules, generated ip's,coe files from one project to another. I dont want to use add files, because both projects has different modules with same name. Is there a way to select one module and everything under it from the hierarchy and copy it to another project? I'm doing this by hand however, I wonder is there a better way.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: copying design sources

Jump to solution

@halils 

Use "save as"  option which will create a new copy of your entire project. From Vivado, Select File-->Project-->Save as.. 

Now delete the unrequired modules. 

The equivalent TCL command is:

save_project_as project_new C:/My_projects/project_new -force

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf#page=1526

--Syed

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

@halils 

Use "save as"  option which will create a new copy of your entire project. From Vivado, Select File-->Project-->Save as.. 

Now delete the unrequired modules. 

The equivalent TCL command is:

save_project_as project_new C:/My_projects/project_new -force

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf#page=1526

--Syed

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

@syedz 

I have often wanted the “save as” feature for Xilinx IP.  That is, from within a Vivado project:

- open previously configured IP

- change IP configuration a little

- save IP with a new name

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

markg@prosensing.com 

Once you change the IP configuration and click OK then the existing IP gets overwritten with new change and changes will refelect in IP files. Currently the GUI doesnt allow you to change the IP name or its location from the existing IP. I will forward your feedback to Factory.

--Syed

0 Kudos