UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

custom IP and IP integrator in non project mode

Hi all,

As my understanding , we can use an IP integrator(block design) in non project mode by sourcing the TCL file.

(after creating block design in project mode and wtite_bd_tcl to save block design to a TCL file).

Is it possible to use a custom packaged IP in the IP integrator and use it in non-project mode?.

Means, I have packaged a directory containing two files a.v and b.v to component.xml. I can use this in the IP integrator in project mode. Can I use this in IP integrator in non-project mode? If possible, what are the steps and commands?

I use Vivado 2017.1

Regards

Anoop 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: custom IP and IP integrator in non project mode

@anoopjoseph,

Yes, it is possible. To know the exact steps complete the flow in GUI and check the TCL commands in TCL console.

Note: for custom IP, You will need to add the IP reprository and refresh the IP catalog.

set_property  ip_repo_paths <repo_path_list> [current_fileset]

update_ip_catalog

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug912-vivado-properties.pdf#page=237 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newbie soccerchamp

@syedz,

Thanks for your reply.
I just changed my user ID.

Your solution seems working. But I have some other problem. Could you please help?. I gave below commands.

set_property ip_repo_paths <repo_path_list> [current_fileset]
update_ip_catalog
source design_bd.tcl
generate_target all [get_files design.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_bd/design_bd.bd]
synth_design -top ${design_name} -part ${device}

When RTL elaboration start, following error occurred. Did I miss anything?

ERROR: [Synth 8-439] module 'design_bd_axi_apb_bridge_0_0' not found [design.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_bd/hdl/design_bd.v:388]

Regards

Anoop

0 Kudos
Observer soccerchamp
Observer

I found a solution.

After generate_target all, .xci corresponding to each IP in IP integrator will be generated in sources_1/bd/design_bd/ip/design_bd_*/

They need to be synthesized as OOC modules.

So I read each .xci files and synthesized them in a loop using synth_ip command. 

After I did this, I could able to synthesis my TOP module.

Thanks & Regards

An

0 Kudos