UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor shoval
Visitor

error [project 1-686] Migrating Example Design to another part

error [project 1-686] Migrating Example Design to another part

Hi,

I am trying to use an example design for "smtpe_uhdsdi_rx_ss" IP which is generated  targeting a specific Evaluation board (KCU116) to another EVB (VCU118).

After synthesising the generated example design for its original targeted EVB (KCU116) and Bitstream completed successfuly, I changed the design selected part to my EVB (VCU118).

Synthesis stage completed successfuly (including all example design IPs each one seperatly and the entier design) BUT Implementation issued errors:

[project 1-686] the current project part "my selected part PN" does not match with the sub design "design_1.bd" part"xcku5p-ffvb-676-2-e". Please open this sub design in original project and generate with matching part before adding it to current netlist project"

As I indicated above I have synthesized the original Example design with the original EVB, and I also rerun the generation of all IPs and entier design and got the same error.

1. I dont understand the meaning of required action.

2. What actions do I need to perform in order to take the Example design targeted to a specific EVB (KCU116) and migrate it to another EVB (VCU118).

3. Is there a Xapp regarding this isuue ? (could not find one)

Regards

Shoval

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: error [project 1-686] Migrating Example Design to another part

Hi Shoval,

A few things to look for. If you have a BD in your design, you might need to regenerate it with the correct part. If you have an IP in your design, that contains a BD, open that subproject up, verify you updated the part for the BD in that subproject, and the repackage.

Also make sure you don't have the board still set for the project.

A final thing is to just do a write_project_tcl, and then in the generated script, find where it sets the part and change it to your desired part, and then regenerate the project.

Some combination of those steps should if not solve it, maybe help find some more details about what specific part of the design has a sticky Part property being retained.

0 Kudos
Visitor shoval
Visitor

Re: error [project 1-686] Migrating Example Design to another part

Hi

I want to understand your answer so I will mark the misunderstood phrase in your answer and ask my question:

A few things to look for. If you have a BD in your design, you might need to regenerate it with the correct part. If you have an IP in your design, that contains a BD, open that subproject up, verify you updated the part for the BD in that subproject, and the repackage. (I understand that by repackage you meen regenerage the BD)

Also make sure you don't have the board still set for the project(Do you mean to check the compatibility with the new board: pin locations & clock inputs.)

A final thing is to just do a write_project_tcl, and then in the generated script, find where it sets the part and change it to your desired part, and then regenerate the project.

1. I dont use tcl, instead I set the "device" in the project settings window to EVB VCU118 and saw that in the project Summary window the part has changed to the actual part in the updated EVB (XCVU9P) then I regenerated the entier project. Is that the same as you specified by using the TCL?.

2. I understand that the "write_project_tcl" command prepares a TCL for building the entier project from scrach. is that correct?

3. I understand that by "regenerate the project" you mean to execute the new "project_tcl" from the command line which is updated with the new part (or EVB VCU118 in my case)

Some combination of those steps should if not solve it, maybe help find some more details about what specific part of the design has a sticky Part property being retained.

0 Kudos