UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant emnagharbi
Participant

from zynq to virtex 6

Hi,

I have a project on xps for a zynq board and I want this project to run on my ML605 VIRTEX6. The project contains a customized IP and a zynq processing system connected to the AXI interconnect. Is there a way to adapt this project to the Virtex6 architecture without starting everything from zero ?

Thank you a lot for your help ! 

Best regards
Emna GHARBI
Engineering student
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: from zynq to virtex 6

Hi

This might be tricky. As Zynq's subsystem is pretty unique, it might not be easy.

Also for v-6, you will be looking at microblaze. hence it is advisable to update it from scratch so that you can save time and also bugs!

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Participant emnagharbi
Participant

ok thanks @siktap for your help,

Best regards
Emna GHARBI
Engineering student
0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

if by customized IP, you mean Xilinx IP which is customized, it's probably a good idea to make a Microblaze system, add the same IPs and customize them again.
If you mean custom IP ie IP which you have developed, bring them into the new project, add Microblaze and add your ip after an axi interconnect the same way as you did in zynq system.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Participant emnagharbi
Participant

Thanks @muzaffer for reply !

It's a custom IP developed by my colleague.

By "bring them into the new project" you mean the pcore directory ? I did so but I have errors

I am wondering if I have to use the "create or import peripheral" wizard or directly add the pcore directory from the zynq project and just instanciate the IP the way it is. I already tried doing this method but I have errors of incompatibility between the IP and the microblaze project.

Any idea please ?

Thanks again

Best regards
Emna GHARBI
Engineering student
0 Kudos