UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor coocoo
Visitor

[help] How to re-run “Block Automation”

Jump to solution

I am learning zybo and vivado (and everything ...) by following the instuction of labs

"zybo2-Embedded System Design Flow on Zynq"

After add an IP of processing_system7_1

it said

"Once Block Automation has been complete, notice that ports have been automatically added for the DDR and Fixed IO, and some additional ports are now visible. The imported configuration for the Zynq related to the ZYBO board has been applied which will now be modified"

It really works!

ps7.png

but when I try to disable the DDR and re-enable the DDR,

I found that the DDR port can not re-connected automatically.

ps7.png

ps7.png

But I can not find the "run block Automation" tool ( icon, menu ...) .

So my question is, how to run "block automation" or is there any other way to re-connect the ports?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [help] How to re-run “Block Automation”

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no such option to run the block automation.

You can use apply_bd_automation tcl command to achieve this behavior to some extent.

apply_bd_automation -rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:processing_system7 -config {make_external "FIXED_IO, DDR" apply_board_preset "1" Master "Disable" Slave "Disable" }  [get_bd_cells processing_system7_0]

Run apply_bd_automation -help in Vivado TCL console for more details.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no such option to run the block automation.

You can use apply_bd_automation tcl command to achieve this behavior to some extent.

apply_bd_automation -rule xilinx.com:bd_rule:processing_system7 -config {make_external "FIXED_IO, DDR" apply_board_preset "1" Master "Disable" Slave "Disable" }  [get_bd_cells processing_system7_0]

Run apply_bd_automation -help in Vivado TCL console for more details.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

You have disabled the DDR in your IP so now you must delete the
object. use this tcl command or else you can select and delete it.

delete_bd_objs [get_bd_intf_nets processing_system7_0_DDR]

If you want DDR to be enabled then you can make the connection by using below tcl command or can make the connection using drag.

connect_bd_intf_net [get_bd_intf_ports DDR] [get_bd_intf_pins processing_system7_0/DDR]

Run block automation option will come only once when you customize your Zynq ip for the vert first time in design.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor coocoo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you all,  Deepika and Pratham!

Though I were not understand the tcl command exactly, I entered the tcl command Deepika given, and it worked.

the ports was connected, and there was a floating DDR port and I just deleted it.

Then I found that if I delete all the ports (DDR and FIXED_IO),  the "run Block Automation” tip will appear on the top 

automatically.

BUT I FOUND ANOTHER ISSUE:

ps7.png

I found that there appeared an additional pin "DDR_ARB[3:0]". 

(should it be included in DDR?)

Maybe it was brought when I re-costomized the IP, but I did not notice earlier.

I tried to find where to delete it in the "re-costomize..." form, but I failed.

so, how can I do?

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Visitor coocoo
Visitor

Jump to solution

Pardon. 

I have found the cause.

It was a mistake by an unintentional click...

ps7.png

0 Kudos