UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor emailbox2000
Visitor

helping start new project for Parallella board

Hi,

I've recently buy a Parallella board (parallella.org). It has a ZYNQ 7020 FPGA and a coprocessor named Epiphany. I'm new to vivado environment and ZYNQ and I'm going to learn how to work with ZYNQ and Vivado through working with this Parallella board.

So I'm following a tutorial (http://svenand.blogdrives.com/) that is based on working with ZedBoard and programming the ZYNQ device. Based on this series of tutorial they use ZedBoard configuration in the board selection when they create a new project in Vivado but I want to use their examples and projects to program on my the ZYNQ device on the Parallella board and I'm afraid to by only selecting the device number in the create new project and not selecting the Parallella board (if it exists) something goes wrong.

So how can I configure my new project in Vivado to be suitable to work with this Parallella board?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar pedro_uno
Scholar

Re: helping start new project for Parallella board

Hello, I have worked with the Parallella board but I don't remember if I had a Xilinx board definition file for it. I doubt it. In truth, that doesn't do that much for you. When you setup the project you can just select the part type instead of the board. You will just have to do a little more work writing pin location constraints but otherwise the tutorial should work. Another issue might be the DDR memory type on the processor. If you don't know the fully qualified Zynq part type you can query the list of parts at the TCL prompt. For example: get_parts xc7z020* The Parallella thing is pretty neat. It was my first exposure to running full Ubuntu Linux on a Zynq and now that is the way I always start out working on Zynq projects. Good luck.
----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hello @emailbox2000,

This topic is still open and is waiting for you.

If your question is answered and/or your issue is solved, please mark a response that resolved your issue, as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions). This way, the topic can be completed then. 

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the thread.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor emailbox2000
Visitor

Thanks but, can anyone introduce me some tutorials about how to configure pin location constraints for 3rd parties boards?

0 Kudos