UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

hidden nets

Jump to solution

In the ZC702 TRD most nets are hidden with these little bullets. you can click on the bullet and it then shows the connection. How does one go about enabling/disabling hiding the net lines in a block diagram? I've played wiht "block design options" and can see how to hide the ports/nets togher. But, hiding just the net wire eludes me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: hidden nets

Jump to solution

Check if "Nets" folder is checked. to bring back the net wires.

I have attached a video to show how it is supposed to work with microblaze example design.

Hidden nets can be shown as stubs or disappear completely along with the pins connected to it.

Thanks
Krishnan

9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @clutch12

Can you attach a snapshot of block design explaining the query?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
in the attached you can see the hdmi interrupt and concat block for the different interrupt lines. Somehow it is hidden.
bullet.png
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
@vemulad any ideas on this? It seems like it should be just an option somewhere? But, I can't find it on any menu. Maybe there is a special TCL command?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

In Block Design Options, "Dislay pins of hidden nets and interface" option. If you turn on this option, it would pins with nets as stubs for hidden nets as in your screenshot.

Thanks
Krishnan

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

no. that just hides/unhides those nets. It doesn't remove the little circle and replace it with a wire.

Someone from Xilinx must know the answer to this but I think it's a hidden feature with some weird keystoke or something ;)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Check if "Nets" folder is checked. to bring back the net wires.

I have attached a video to show how it is supposed to work with microblaze example design.

Hidden nets can be shown as stubs or disappear completely along with the pins connected to it.

Thanks
Krishnan

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Nets was selected. But, unchecking it then checking it "fixed" the nets not being shown. Little odd but I understand a lot more about block diagram displays so thanks.
0 Kudos
Participant rutabagazuma
Participant

Jump to solution

It appears to me that the options shown in the video are not available in vivado 2018.3  would you please add a video or text which shows this for the later tool version?  

0 Kudos
Participant rutabagazuma
Participant

Jump to solution

In vivado 2018.3 the settings for visiblity are accessed through the block diagram specific settings icon '*' on the top right of the block diagram window.

0 Kudos