UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor noorqaqos
Visitor

how i use DAC of spartan3e

please , i want the programs that operate DAC of sparatn3e and how to use these programs .thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: how i use DAC of spartan3e

noorqaqos,

Again, can you be more specific?

Which boards are you using? Which DAC is on the board? Do you need C/C++/... code to control the DAC or do you need to design logic to drive the DAC interface? ...

There have been a bunch of posts similar to this one, so maybe you can read those first.

Cheers,

Johan

Historian
Historian

noorqaqos wrote:
please , i want the programs that operate DAC of sparatn3e and how to use these programs .thanks

A Spartan 3E FPGA does not have an on-board DAC.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Observer scrts
Observer

Lie. It has DAC.
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

scrts wrote:
Lie. It has DAC.

No lie. Xilinx FPGA devices do not have onboard DACs.

You are confusing an eval board for the device. That's a newbie mistake.

Our friend said that he wants to "operate DAC Spartan  3E." And the Spartan-3E device has no such thing.

0 Kudos
Newbie rgutalv

I work with virtex4, and maybe this is not aplicable to spartan 3e, but in the EDK there are two IP, delta sigma DAC and delta sigma ADC. Ok that there is no really dac on the device, but with only to discrete componentes ( R and C) outside the FPGA you can have a working DAC, and if you add a comparator, you can have an ADC.

Maybe he is speaking about this? 

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

rgutalv wrote:

I work with virtex4, and maybe this is not aplicable to spartan 3e, but in the EDK there are two IP, delta sigma DAC and delta sigma ADC. Ok that there is no really dac on the device, but with only to discrete componentes ( R and C) outside the FPGA you can have a working DAC, and if you add a comparator, you can have an ADC.

Maybe he is speaking about this? 

Nobody knows what's he's speaking about because he's as clear as mud.

0 Kudos