UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

how to convert audio file to .coe file

sir , i want to convert audio file to .coe file so that i can instantiate it into coregen RAM.So that i have generated MATLAB code

But it wont works .Is there any other method to convert .wav file to .coe file or how i  will convert wave file into vhdl code .please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: how to convert audio file to .coe file

@technovlsi wrote:

sir , i want to convert audio file to .coe file so that i can instantiate it into coregen RAM.So that i have generated MATLAB code

But it wont works .Is there any other method to convert .wav file to .coe file or how i  will convert wave file into vhdl code .please help.

You have to parse the WAV file, which means you read the header, determine where the data chunks start, then reading them, and writing them out in the proper .coe format. Or you could simply extract the data bytes and write them to a text file, which can be read using the textio functions in VHDL. 

But you'll need a bit of host programming skill. A python script will probably work for you.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Newbie rebbecca

hi pal, 

thanks pal, i was looking for the same issue of covertion of audio file, and found out here, i appreciate your work, great help....

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

You can try matlab for audio to .coe file conversion
0 Kudos