UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer thilankathi
Observer

how to decide the number of jobs in Run settings in generate output products

I am using Vivado and have already validated the block design. I need to generate output products and i am not sure how to decide the number of jobs in run settings there. I have attached a screenshot of the window below. 

Selection_026.png

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: how to decide the number of jobs in Run settings in generate output products

Hi @thilankathi 

It depends on your computer.

How many cores and threads are there ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: how to decide the number of jobs in Run settings in generate output products

Hi @thilankathi 

If I don't need processing power for other applications, I typically maximize the number of jobs.

Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer nagender_patel
Observer

type set_param general.maxThreads 8 in tcl console

it depends on the number of cores your pc has...

0 Kudos

Hi @thilankathi

Go through this AR and UG 904 to understand more about the number of Jobs and its usage. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60655.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug904-vivado-implementation.pdf

(page 7 onwards.)

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Observer thilankathi
Observer

Thanks for the replies guys. so does thid mean that the number of jobs means the number of jobs done in parallel? Is that why it depemds on the number of cores in your computer? Anyways how does it affect the performance on fpga? or it doesnt affect the performance inside fpga? I mean what depends on the number of jobs ?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

@thilankathi 

>> mean that the number of jobs means the number of jobs done in parallel? 

Check this at your end to understand it better. - Create a GUI project in Vivado - add multiple Xilinx IPs from IP catalog - now OOC pop up will come to generate its products where you will see that pop up asks to set the number of jobs - If you set 1 there then only one OOC synthesis will be done at a time. If you set more than 1 then you will see parallel OOC synthesis is happening for those IPs. You can see these in Design Runs tab.

Hope you will get your answers by doing this exercise. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.