UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor imchipwood
Visitor

importing MIG 7series created with 2014.2 into 2015.2, can't upgrade IP

Vivado: 2015.2

I'm working on a project where some teammates have the 2014.2 version of Vivado and I have the 2015.2 version. The MIG they've created imports correctly but needs to be upgraded. When upgrading, I get these errors:

• [xilinx.com:ip:mig_7series:2.3-0] mig_7series_0: Code generation aborted: Unconfigured MIG instance
  • [IP_Flow 19-167] Failed to deliver one or more file(s).
  • [IP_Flow 19-3505] IP Generation error: Failed to generate IP 'mig_7series_0'. Failed to generate 'Verilog Instantiation Template' outputs:
  • [IP_Flow 19-98] Generation of the IP CORE failed. Failed to generate IP 'mig_7series_0'. Failed to generate 'Verilog Instantiation Template' outputs:

Followed by some warnings suggesting running 'recustomization.' Unfortunately, this doesn't work either - it launches a process called mig.exe which promptly crashes before much of anything happens.

If I instead try to run the IP generator for mig_7series directly (not importing existing IP), the same mig.exe crash occurs.

Any suggestions? I can't synthesize or simulate while this IP is locked down. None of the other IPs in use had any issues upgrading.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: importing MIG 7series created with 2014.2 into 2015.2, can't upgrade IP

Hi @imchipwood

Are your colleagues using Windows 8.1 too?

Did you try creating a new IP from Vivado IP catalog? Does this also fail ?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor imchipwood
Visitor

Hi Deepika,

Yes, I believe we are all on Windows 8.1, and I did try to use the IP generator directly but it crashes, too. It seems as if mig.exe is corrupted or is missing some permissions, though I'm not really sure why.

I've downloaded 2014.2 and will attempt to use that as the IP updates in 2015 aren't relevant to our uses.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Visitor imchipwood
Visitor

So, after switching to 2014.4, I was able to regenerate the IP but ONLY after running Vivado in 32-bit mode. 

It's not clear why I receive failures for this when running Vivado normally (64-bit), and it's not clear why Vivado 2015.x wouldn't work either.

0 Kudos