UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer 08220158
Observer

interfacing Texas instrumnets with Xilinx FPGA

Hello everyone!!!!!

I want to interface texas instruments ADS5282X ADC family directly  to Xilinix fpga XAPP485 (for deserialaization). can anyone provide me with some usefull reference link or trainning material, so that i can fallow it to write the source code in VHDL.

Please help me out...

Regards

sharif

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Re: interfacing Texas instrumnets with Xilinx FPGA

I want to interface texas instruments ADS5282X ADC family directly  to Xilinix fpga XAPP485 (for deserialaization). can anyone provide me with some usefull reference link or trainning material, so that i can fallow it to write the source code in VHDL.

#1.  Here is the product page for the ADC (in the future, it would be good manners if YOU provided the links)

#2.  Here is the ADC datasheet link.  Previous comments apply.

#3.  Here is the XAPP485 link.

#4.  Here is an excerpt from the ADC datasheet, first page:

An application note, XAPP774 (available at www.xilinx.com), describes how to interface the serial LVDS outputs of TI's ADCs to Xilinx® field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs).

#5.  Here is the XAPP774 link.

• XAPP485 targets Spartan 3e/a, XAPP774 targets Virtex 2.
  • You'll need to "register" on the Xilinx website for access to the XAPP774 reference design files.
  • The Virtex2 design should 'port' to the Spartan 3e/a family, but I'm not an authority on either Virtex 2 or Spartan 3e/a.
  • Check the S3a/e datasheet to see which is faster:  Spartan3e/a inputs operating in DDR mode or the TI ADC serial data interface.

Hope this helps...

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
Historian
Historian

@08220158 wrote:

Hello everyone!!!!!

Wow, too lazy to search and read data sheets?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Observer 08220158
Observer

Thank you for ur reply,

I have alreary read those data sheet exactly the ones which you have sent, but it could be more benificial if you could send me some sample code(VHDL) on how to communicate the texas ADC(ADS5282x family) to Xilinx (Xapp485) , becoz am fullyfully puzzled at the movement or you could give me some tutorial meterial on how to code((VHDL) it in interefacing the texas ADC(ADS5282x family) to Xilinx (Xapp485).

hope to hear from you soon,

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sharif

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor

Take the link to the appnote and replace the ".pdf" at the end with ".zip" and

you will find all of the files referenced in the document.

Here's another case where searching for an appnote gets you the PDF document

rather than hitting the actual applications page where all the ancillary material

is made available...

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

I have alreary read those data sheet exactly the ones which you have sent, but it could be more benificial if you could send me some sample code(VHDL) on how to communicate the texas ADC(ADS5282x family) to Xilinx (Xapp485) , becoz am fullyfully puzzled at the movement or you could give me some tutorial meterial on how to code((VHDL) it in interefacing the texas ADC(ADS5282x family) to Xilinx (Xapp485).

But if I sent you code (or if you copied the code in the apnote), how are you going to debug your design?  You will still need to understand

• how the ADC works
  • how the interface works
  • how the code works
  • and how to use VHDL.

Which of these do not puzzle you, and which of these puzzle you?

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Observer 08220158
Observer

thank you for ur reply,

Can u please tell me the site for free download of HDL Chip Design by DOuglas .J. smith(blue book). I heard that it is an good guidance, which shows schematic diagram and its related Vhdl code, do that i can understand vhdl more easily and i can code for interfacing Texas instrumnets with Xilinx FPGA.

Regards 

shariff

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

baby steps on road to self-sufficiency

Can u please tell me the site for free download of HDL Chip Design by DOuglas .J. smith(blue book). I heard that it is an good guidance, which shows schematic diagram and its related Vhdl code, do that i can understand vhdl more easily and i can code for interfacing Texas instrumnets with Xilinx FPGA.

Why not do this yourself, shariff?  There are lots of good online VHDL and Verilog tutorials.  Start here.

Good luck, sir.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@08220158 wrote:

thank you for ur reply,

FREE download? How about -- No. If you want the book, pay for it.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos