UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

newbie with fpga, doubt about core generator and ipcores.

Jump to solution

hi, i'm newbie in fpga and i'm trying to understand how core generator works. For example: i have a vhdl project in Xilinx Ise project navigator, and i like to add a "adder" from the ipcore math library from xilinx. How do i add this "adder" to my project?. As a component in the vhdl file?

thank you very much

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Instructor
Instructor

Re: newbie with fpga, doubt about core generator and ipcores.

Jump to solution

If you're using the ISE Navigator GUI, the easiest way is to create and add the core

using Project --> New Source... and selecting IP (CORE generator & Architecture Wizard)

as the source type.  Give the core a name and leave the "Add to project"  box checked.

After you customize your core, you will find the <core_name>.xco file added to your project

files list.  To see the VHDL instantiation template for your core, open the file <core_name>.vho,

which will normally be in your project directory, unless you changed the path when you

added the new source.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

If you're using the ISE Navigator GUI, the easiest way is to create and add the core

using Project --> New Source... and selecting IP (CORE generator & Architecture Wizard)

as the source type.  Give the core a name and leave the "Add to project"  box checked.

After you customize your core, you will find the <core_name>.xco file added to your project

files list.  To see the VHDL instantiation template for your core, open the file <core_name>.vho,

which will normally be in your project directory, unless you changed the path when you

added the new source.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

and where can i find the file-cores to add to the project??

thanks!!

0 Kudos
Visitor ramanandn
Visitor

Jump to solution
There's no file called 'cores' to add.. you just select one among the cores on the left side panel & adjust the parameters (which will pop up in a separate window once you select the core) accordingly.
0 Kudos