UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

packaging part of a block diagram

I have design based on the following XAPP: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1171-pcie-central-dma-subsystem.pdf

I would like to package the portion of the block diagram which is called "pcie cdma subsystem". This is a hierarchy of IP instantiated in the block diagram in addition to zynq_PS and some reset blocks. I would like to package just this cell. Is it possible to do this? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: packaging part of a block diagram

Hi @muzaffer

I assume that pcie cdma subsystem is also a block design which is present inside the top level block design. If this is true then you can use write_bd_tcl command to export the TCL and use it to create block design in the project. Once this is done you can package the block design.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: packaging part of a block diagram

Actually both projects are created from bd.tcl files and I decided to copy parts of the bd.tcl to a file to source it in the target bd.tcl (or after sourcing the target bd.tcl). I am not following the suggested/usual methods to closely but it seems to work for me. These days I can even modify the bd.tcl manually to do design.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos