UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar muravin
Scholar

question about disabling the IP cache

Hi All,

Is there a way to enable/disable IP cache per IP? It looks like IP cache setting is project-specific, not IP specific. I think we could benefit from an Enhancement Request for making this feature IP specific could be very useful given the fact that IP cache overwrites RTL changes.

BR

Vlad

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: question about disabling the IP cache

Hi,

There is TCL command for that. Check Pg 121 of UG835 - http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf

You can use -disable_cache switch to disable the cache for that IP. 

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar muravin
Scholar

Hi Anirudh,

I don't agree. There is no TCL command for that, sorry, the -disable_cache sets the project specific property IP_CACHE_PERMISSIONS.

If am wrong, could you please provide an example?

Thank you

Vlad

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
Scholar muravin
Scholar

I think I found what I need as part of solving a bigger issue.

The way to delete an individual cache entry is to find it first and then manually remove it, i.e. say $ip is the name of the IP whose entry we'd like to remove from the cache repository (could be regexp-searched prior to that).

Again, there is NOTHING in Xilinx user guides that indicates that check_ip_cache can be used to do this on an IP basis. The following 2 command to the trick.

set cache_loc [lindex [split [check_ip_cache [get_ips $ip]] ":"] 2]
file delete -force [current_project]/[current_project].cache/ip/$cache_loc

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos