cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

"Insecure use of unencrypted XIT file..." error??

I'm targetting an AlphaData card with a vu3p on it, using Windows. I'm getting this error trying to create a design (using TCL):

ERROR: [Ipptcl 7-5] XIT evaluation error: Insecure use of unencrypted XIT file 'c:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/data/ip/xilinx/sc_util_v1_0/tcl/sc_debug_util.xit' within protected scope. Please encrypt this file to resolve.: 'tcl/sc_debug_util.xit'

I didn't see this a couple of weeks ago, on a similar design. The exact same design, with the exact same TCL script, does not fail on Ubuntu. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Viggy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @viggy 

Could you look at the path length? If the path is too long and/or put into a copy command, this could be an issue, as the length of the path cannot exceed 256 characters.

A similar issue was reported below:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Vivado-Debug-and-Power/ERROR-Ipptcl-7-5-XIT-evaluation-error-File-writer-encountered-an/td-p/448090

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

The path is listed above. Way less then 256 characters. Incidentally, as of Windows 10, you can "disable" this limit.

Thanks!

Viggy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Viggy,

I have a couple questions:

• From the version number in the pathname I'm assuming you are using 2018.3, can you confirm? 
  • Could you also share more information on the flow you're using?  I see that you're creating a design via Tcl, are you sourcing a bd.tcl script to create the design and was this script created with the same version (2018.3) of Vivado?  Are you using any custom IP repositories?

Since this error only happens on this machine, it's also possible that there is an issue with the install.  Do you have access to another windows 10 machine with the same version of vivado to try this on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I was using 2018.3. We've switched to 2019.2, and yes, we do have some custom IP. I haven't tried 2019.2, yet though. And, yep, this is a custom flow (using TCL).

Vivado is only installed on my Windows box. I've been using our Ubuntu installs for now.

Thanks!
Viggy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @viggy,

Could you try to uninstall and reinstall Vivado to see if that resolves the issue? The XIT file that seems to be blocking is provided as an encrypted file when Vivado is installed. The file may have been corrupted or damaged.

A reinstall may resolve it. 

0 Kudos