Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

upgrade IP of a custom ip removes ILA core in Vivado

Hi,

I am working on a design which has custom IP blocks. I wanted to probe some signals inside a custom IP block and added ILA code to it. When I upgrade my custom IP in design and come back to that IP I see that ILA core was removed.

NoIP.bmp

I don't know how I should add it that upgrade_ip doesn't remove it. I am working with Vivado 2016.2

I appreciate any help,

Hossein

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @embedded

From the issue description i understood that you have some custom IP blocks. You want to probe some signals of custom IP block and you want to add ILA  instantiation to it. If this is your requirement please follow the below steps to edit your custom IP.

1) Right click on the custom IP in your main project, select edit in IP packager. This will open a temporary project .

2) Add your ILA in the temporary project (offcourse your custom IP project).

3) Now repackage it again by clicking on the repackage IP button. This will close your temporary project and all the modifications will  be automatically saved in your main project.

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi @thakurr,

Thank you for the reply. I did what you said. But, it doesn't work. Again I saw the ILA core was removed.

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos