UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

vivado 2013.2 error while loading shared libraries

Jump to solution

I recently setup vivado on linux workstation and was able to use it easily. My machine crashed due to smps.

But after that i am not able to get my vivado up.

When i try to invoke the tool, it gives up with a message "error while loading shared libraries : /tools/xilinx/Xilinx_Vivado_Lin_2013.2.0616_1/Vivado/2013.2/lib/lnx32.o/libtcmalloc.so.0: file too short"

Reading though the forums i deleted the vivado.ini file from ~/.Xilinx/vivado/2013.2/ directory.

That did not help

so i deleted the entire vivado directory from ~/.Xilinx .still get the same error.

Any Recommendations?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: vivado 2013.2 error while loading shared libraries

Jump to solution

So the issue is resolved. The problem was with the swap space.It was very huge. The Swap was reduced to a reasonable value (25G) and it works now.

Thanks all for contributing.!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Participant isaakian
Participant

Jump to solution

I've seen similar errors when the Vivado install is corrupted; e.g. my download of the Vivado tar.gzip seemed fine and I wasnt checking the MD5 sum - install worked, but on execution it would give errors similar to that.

I'd recommended verifying the MD5 sum of your vivado source tar/gz file and then re-install. 

Digital Design Golden Rule: If its not tested - its broken.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Below are the steps that helps you to compare MD5sum value:

1.      Go to www.fastsum.com
2.      Download fastsum and open it.
3.      Click on files in the top right corner and select the downloaded zipped file from Xilinx.com
4.      Click on F9 or Run
5.      It will generate a md5 sum value and cross check it with website value (Snapshot below).

Capture1.PNG

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I guess the MDSUM checking can be done if vivado never worked. but in my case vivado did work for a couple of days.So surely the md values would be correct in downloaded zip file. No point checking it.

So the issue could well be with the library files handling on my machine (the file name is *malloc*...so makes me think the issue could be local). Working on it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So the issue is resolved. The problem was with the swap space.It was very huge. The Swap was reduced to a reasonable value (25G) and it works now.

Thanks all for contributing.!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos