UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer egonendik
Observer

vivado launch problems

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have various vivado versions installed on my computer like 2017.1, 2016.3, 2016.1, 2015.3. However I can only start and open 2017.1 without any problem. I get the error in the attachment when I try to launch the rest of the versions. Can you please help me with this problem.

Thank you.

Erdal

error.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: vivado launch problems

Jump to solution

OK, that will cause this exact problem. 

The MYVIVADO environment variable works good as long as you are using the specific version that the patch was created for or if the patch contains only data files that are valid for multiple releases.  Any time a patch contains executables or library files, it will cause other versions of Vivado to fail with an access / linking error.

What to do?

Option 1: Unset the MYVIVADO variable when using other versions and only set it when using Vivado 2017.1

Option 2: Use patch METHOD 1: (Recommended if possible)
    a. Navigate to the $XILINX_VIVADO/patches directory (create this directory if it doesn't exist)
    b. Extract the contents of the ".zip" archive to a directory starting with the name AR69191
           note: most extraction tools will allow you to automatically create a directory the same name as the zip file
    c. Run Vivado software tools from the original install location.

Using the patches directory inside the Vivado install assures that it is only used by the intended Vivado release

5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Do you have the MYVIVADO variable set to a patch for Vivado 2017.1 (possibly containing libXil_lmgr11.dll)?  It looks like the wrong version of this library is being found when opening Vivado

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @egonendik,

This topic is still open and is waiting for you.

If your question is answered and/or your issue is solved, please mark a response that resolved your issue, as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions). This way, the topic can be completed then. 

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the thread.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer egonendik
Observer

Jump to solution

Since I was having problems to add jesd204B IP core to 2017.1. I checked xilinx site and used the patch given in AR69191. In this answer it is suggested to create an environmental variable called MYVIVADO and assign the value "D:\Xilinx\vivado\2017.1\AR69191_vivado_2017_1_preliminary_rev3\vivado" to it.

Tha's simply what I did. That environmental variable is for jesd204B IP core.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

OK, that will cause this exact problem. 

The MYVIVADO environment variable works good as long as you are using the specific version that the patch was created for or if the patch contains only data files that are valid for multiple releases.  Any time a patch contains executables or library files, it will cause other versions of Vivado to fail with an access / linking error.

What to do?

Option 1: Unset the MYVIVADO variable when using other versions and only set it when using Vivado 2017.1

Option 2: Use patch METHOD 1: (Recommended if possible)
    a. Navigate to the $XILINX_VIVADO/patches directory (create this directory if it doesn't exist)
    b. Extract the contents of the ".zip" archive to a directory starting with the name AR69191
           note: most extraction tools will allow you to automatically create a directory the same name as the zip file
    c. Run Vivado software tools from the original install location.

Using the patches directory inside the Vivado install assures that it is only used by the intended Vivado release

Observer egonendik
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you. that works:)

0 Kudos