UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

why am I getting these warning

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am getting the 

WARNING: [Synth 8-3331] design system_stub has unconnected port FCLK_RESET1_N
WARNING: [Synth 8-3331] design system_stub has unconnected port FCLK_CLK1

but looking at the code it is driven from the system as shown below;

entity system_stub is

port (

FCLK_RESET1_N : out std_logic;
    FCLK_CLK1 : out std_logic;

);
end system_stub;

architecture STRUCTURE of system_stub is

component system is
port (

);

end component;

begin

system_i : system
port map (

FCLK_CLK1 => PCLK100MHZ,

FCLK_RESET1_N => PROC_SYSRSTL,

);

Can anyone to please let me know why am I getting the warning?

Best Regards,

Fred

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: why am I getting these warning

Jump to solution

Hi,

Refer below discussion:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/VHDL-Beginner-Not-able-to-solve-port-mapping-error-Cannot-read/m-p/440334/highlight/true#M9356

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Can you show us complete instantiation of system module?

In the system_i instantiation in the rhs part you need to have these port names FCLK_CLK1 etc.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no connection for below ports:

entity system_stub is

port (

Thanks,
Anusheel
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika,

where is this rhs located? do you want the system.bd file?

Regards, Fred

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just attach the top level wrapper file where you have instantiation of system_i module.

If this is block design wrapper file just remove this file and create the wrapper file again. See if this helps.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika,

Here is the wrapper...

Regards, Fred

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

It looks like you have edited the wrapper file. I see that you have not connected the FCLK_RESET1_N and FCLK_CLK1 ports in the design. You have defined them as output ports for system_stub module but no where assigned them.

If you want to connect these ports to submodule output pins then you need to write them in right hand side of the instantiation as below

submodule_output_port1 => FCLK_RESET1_N,

submodule_output_port2 => FCLK_CLK1,

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am doing what you suggested (as shown in the code) but still getting the warning...

Regards, Fred

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi Fred,

Can you attach the modified wrapper file?

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

i did but here it goes again...

Fred

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Read my earlier post again. I said that you need to have FCLK_RESET1_N on the right hand side where as you have some other signal on line 573.

FCLK_RESET1_N => PROC_SYSRSTL,

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika,

I did what you suggested now the tool complain that 

[Synth 8-1779] cannot read from 'out' object fclk_reset1_n ; use 'buffer' or 'inout' ...

[Synth 8-1779] cannot read from 'out' object fclk_clk1 ; use 'buffer' or 'inout' ...

I don't want to mark as buffer or inout LOL

Regards, Fred

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Refer below discussion:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/VHDL-Beginner-Not-able-to-solve-port-mapping-error-Cannot-read/m-p/440334/highlight/true#M9356

Thanks,
Anusheel

0 Kudos