UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Expansion of CONTAIN_ROUTING Area

Jump to solution

From ug909,

Expansion of CONTAIN_ROUTING Area
The contained routing requirement of RP Pblocks for UltraScale and UltraScale+ devices has
been relaxed to allow for improved routing and timing results. Instead of routing being
confined strictly to the resources owned by the Pblock, the routing footprint is expanded.
This includes resources that are within the Pblock boundary, but not necessarily owned by
the Pblock, as well as resources beyond the Pblock rectangle. This means there might be RM
nets and Partition Pins outside of the Pblock boundary. However, any partition pin or
contained net will still be within the expanded routing footprint.

So this is something that I didn't know. My question is how this is possible.

If two adjacent pblocks allow RMs to use outside routing resources, isn't there a case that

both happen to use the same routing resource?

Also, I want to know, for 7 series, contain_routing doesn't allow RM nets to use nets outside pblocks.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Expansion of CONTAIN_ROUTING Area

Jump to solution

There are restrictions to routing expansion like the the one you mentioned (adjacent RPs).  If two RPs have an abutted edge, neither RP will expand on that edge.  

Expanded routing is not supported in 7series.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Expansion of CONTAIN_ROUTING Area

Jump to solution

There are restrictions to routing expansion like the the one you mentioned (adjacent RPs).  If two RPs have an abutted edge, neither RP will expand on that edge.  

Expanded routing is not supported in 7series.

View solution in original post