UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor macmaxi
Visitor

Function of a generate IP Core depends to the Block Design

Jump to solution
Hello, for a project we try to generate a ip core based on a block design in Vivado 2018.3. Vivado runs on a Ubuntu 18.04. and the hardware we use is a Zybo Z-20. The function of the block design is well tested in a testbench. To evaluate the IP Core we create a empty block design, put the IP Core in and add direct connected in and outputs. We copied the testbench, change the component declaration and done a new simulation. But the problem is that the simulation stops at one of it first asserts. So the behaviour of blockdesign and ip core are different. Is there anyone how have the same issue or can help us? I have the sources and the generated IP Core in the attachment. Thanks in advanced 😊
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor macmaxi
Visitor

SOLVED Function of a generate IP Core depends to the Block Design

Jump to solution
Hej there, after many vain attempts with different Vivado versions and different project structures I found a workaround where I could package a ip core that has the correct function. I still use Vivado 2018.3 and Ubuntu 18.04. So the workaround is the following: • All the mapping I have done in the block design before, I now do in a own .vhd-file (I call this top.vhd) • Inside of the top.vhd all entities I need are mapped • I test the function of the top.vhd itself and in a block design. The block design just include the RTL of the top.vhd. Both tests passed. • After that I packed a ip core from the block design and test it too. This time the ip core has the right function So in my mind it seams that complex block designs are not packable. May this information helps some Vivado newbies as I am 😉
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor macmaxi
Visitor

SOLVED Function of a generate IP Core depends to the Block Design

Jump to solution
Hej there, after many vain attempts with different Vivado versions and different project structures I found a workaround where I could package a ip core that has the correct function. I still use Vivado 2018.3 and Ubuntu 18.04. So the workaround is the following: • All the mapping I have done in the block design before, I now do in a own .vhd-file (I call this top.vhd) • Inside of the top.vhd all entities I need are mapped • I test the function of the top.vhd itself and in a block design. The block design just include the RTL of the top.vhd. Both tests passed. • After that I packed a ip core from the block design and test it too. This time the ip core has the right function So in my mind it seams that complex block designs are not packable. May this information helps some Vivado newbies as I am 😉
0 Kudos