UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to keep open multiple design flow stages in Vivado

I wonder if is it possible to open multiple stages (Project Manager, Synthesis, Program and Debug...) of the design flow in Vivado?

My problem if I program the device and when I debug with a Chipscope, the diagram of the blockdesign is closed and vica-versa. The same with synthesized schematic, the address editor and so on. (What's more the switching is not a fast process.)

The FPGA debug would be much easier without this meaningless limitation.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: How to keep open multiple design flow stages in Vivado

@betontalpfa

When you get the message "Do you want to close the ..... design before opening ..... design" click on No. This will save you open design in memory and you can switch by selecting the text as shown below:

Capture.JPG

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------