UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gelineau
Visitor

How to pass a bank placement constraint to Vivado in pre-RTL I/O Pin Planning mode?

At an early stage of the project, I would like to tell Vivado to place the I/O ports within the banks defined by the PCB/Product architect and provided in a CSV file.
As specified in ug899, the 'I/O Bank' field in the CSV file is not read by Vivado during import (it is only an output).
The best solution I found was to create an 'Interface' for each group of ports assigned to a bank and fix one port site within this Interface.
After migrating to an RTL project, Vivado places the ports of a given Interface in the bank corresponding to the fixed port. That is an acceptable workaround.
But it should be better if I can just tell Vivado to place a group of ports in a given bank without assigning sites beforehand.
Is it possible?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer chris1220
Observer

Re: How to pass a bank placement constraint to Vivado in pre-RTL I/O Pin Planning mode?

With a Vivado .xdc constraints file, the following is the syntax:

set_property IO_BANK BankNumber [get_ports PortName]

-Chris

0 Kudos