UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to utilize the PRC controller to repair the soft errors?

Hello everyone, I'm working on Partial Reconfiguration Controller(PRC). I have read the ug947 and repeat the Lab3 and Lab5 successfully. But if you want to use PRC in your own project with tcl command it will be very difficult. So I combine the project flow used in the Lab3 and tcl command used in the Lab5 in my project. And i realize water lights which shift to right or left controlled by A button and B button. When i push the A button, the led shift to left.  When i push the B button, the led shift to right. This my project only contain PRC.

I think PRC may be can repair the soft errors. So i design an experiment to verification my idea. I combine the Soft Error Mitigation(SEM) IP with PRC in a new project. I want to use SEM to inject errors into my design, and use PRC to repair the errors. But after i inject errors into my design,  the PRC seems to be invalid. Because when i push the A or B button to reconfigure my design, it just didn't work. But if i perform partial reconfiguration prior, the led behavior can be switch from left to right or right to left. 

PS:I have read the XAPP 517 and XAPP1261, and i have successfully mux the icap.

The development board I use is KC705.

My question is that:

1. Is it possible to utilize the PRC controller to repair the soft errors?

2. If this can realize, what should I do?How to solve the problem I encountered?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is it possible to utilize the PRC controller to repair the soft errors?

I am sorry for my bad grammar!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Is it possible to utilize the PRC controller to repair the soft errors?

> 1. Is it possible to utilize the PRC controller to repair the soft errors?

No.  The PRC just moves data from the AXI bus to the ICAP.  If it encounters an error from the ICAP it reports it but doesn't try to fix it.

0 Kudos