UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie gjw

ML510 - Partial Reconfiguration

Hi!

I have some questions about the partial reconfiguration tool-chain!

I want to use ISE, EDK and Plan Ahead to do a PR design on the ML510 Virtex-5 board.

As far as I understand, the latest ISE version with PR support is 9.2.04iPR11, right? Does this version support the ML510???

If not, is there any other possibility do realize a PR-design on this board?

What about the PR support in 11.1?

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=IMPBD&thread.id=496

How can one get access to this restricted group of customers?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

- gjw -
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML510 - Partial Reconfiguration

The latest lounge-based PR toolchain is 9.2.04PR12. It should be noted that:

-Virtex-5 wasn't officially supported here.

-Virtex-5 FXT (including the 5VFX130T used on the ML510) was not supported by ISE 9.2. Device support here started in 10.1 (ignoring FXT Early Access overlays which were deprecated as soon as 10.1 was released)

-ISE 10 did not support PR

The latest current PR toolchain (as of this date) is ISE 11.2. This is different than the earlier modular-based PR flow in a number of respects including:

-it does not require a special overlay

-it does require a special license

-it is now partition based

As indicated in the referenced thread, you should contact your XFAE to discuss engagement criteria. Since there is restricted access in ISE 11 and this flow is generally very support intensive, I would expect that preference is given based on a combination of the opportunity, market segment, and previous PR experience.

bt

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

timpe wrote:

The latest lounge-based PR toolchain is 9.2.04PR12. It should be noted that:

-Virtex-5 wasn't officially supported here.

-Virtex-5 FXT (including the 5VFX130T used on the ML510) was not supported by ISE 9.2. Device support here started in 10.1 (ignoring FXT Early Access overlays which were deprecated as soon as 10.1 was released)

-ISE 10 did not support PR

The latest current PR toolchain (as of this date) is ISE 11.2. This is different than the earlier modular-based PR flow in a number of respects including:

-it does not require a special overlay

-it does require a special license

-it is now partition based

As indicated in the referenced thread, you should contact your XFAE to discuss engagement criteria. Since there is restricted access in ISE 11 and this flow is generally very support intensive, I would expect that preference is given based on a combination of the opportunity, market segment, and previous PR experience.

bt

Could you please send me contact to someone who can discuss the criteria with us. We are university and we would like to use PR in our designs, but ISE9.2 is not sufficient because it does not support all features we need (PCI-Express for example). Unfortunately all Xilinx people we were able to contact just told us something like :

Access to PR in ISE 11.1 is not generally available.  You will have to wait until version 12.1 to access it. 

I would appreciate concrete person who is responsible for PR, who can give us access to PR11.2 or say which criteria we did not met.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Univerisity requests for Partial Reconfiguration 11.x software must go through the XUP.  Customer requests must go through FAEs.  The information you have thus far received is accurate -- PR is not generally available, and even more than specific criteria, the number of customers and universities we can engage with has been capped per update release.

thanks,

david.

0 Kudos