Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

No "Current launch options" in the Implementation Settings

Jump to solution

I read the Hierarchical Design Methodology and, discussing the PlanAhead flow, it says

In the Implementation Settings dialog box, click Current launch options

I have implemented a design with partitions. I click the Implementation settings,

planahead.png

And, here is how they look like

planahead-impl options.png

Where are the Current Launch options?

I also have "Implementatin Run properties" in the context menu of the implementation run:

planahead-impl run properties.png

Nor, I see the Current Launch options here.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: No "Current launch options" in the Implementation Settings

Jump to solution

Wait, why Vivado? I have imported my design from XPS!

Actually, I have discovered the way to reuse the implemented partitions. "Specify Partitions" is what I was looking for.

planahead - specify partitions.png

The option appears when at least one partition is set.

The Methodology Guide seems outdated.

BTW, the top-level is called "system" in my example since it is created by XPS. Don't you know why PlanAhead always fails with tens of timing errors even when I remove all the partitions so that design is effectively flat whereas XPS flow always passes much more smoothly? I wanted to preserve implementation for re-iteration speed and timing preservation. But, how can do it if PlanAhead even cannot accomplish the implementation? How can I import the XPS implementation?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try the below:

1. Go to "Design Runs" tab loacted at bottom in vivado GUI.

2. Right click on implementation run and select "Launch Runs". This will direct you to Launch Selected Runs dialog box as shown below.

forum1.png

3. Now check the option "Generate Scripts only" and click on OK.

4. This generates the .pxml file at .runs --> impl_1 location inside the project directory.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Wait, why Vivado? I have imported my design from XPS!

Actually, I have discovered the way to reuse the implemented partitions. "Specify Partitions" is what I was looking for.

planahead - specify partitions.png

The option appears when at least one partition is set.

The Methodology Guide seems outdated.

BTW, the top-level is called "system" in my example since it is created by XPS. Don't you know why PlanAhead always fails with tens of timing errors even when I remove all the partitions so that design is effectively flat whereas XPS flow always passes much more smoothly? I wanted to preserve implementation for re-iteration speed and timing preservation. But, how can do it if PlanAhead even cannot accomplish the implementation? How can I import the XPS implementation?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos