UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor asi_ka
Visitor

PR: black box interface optimized away

Jump to solution

The following is the steps I take, when I load the final checkpoint into the GUI to look at the device, I can see that cell_pins on A are reduced to whatever A uses. How can I prevent partition-pin level optimization? Thank you.

- synthesize top T

- synthesize OOC instance A

- link_design -reconfig_partitions A

- opt_design

- place_design

- phys_opt_deign

- route_design

- write_checkpoint

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor asi_ka
Visitor

Re: PR: black box interface optimized away

Jump to solution

so I think I just found out my mistake.

I was not synthesizing static-top with a black-box for RPs. The RPs were small designs but were not empty files. So "SCOPED_TO_CELLS" wasn't even replacing them with the actual implementation of RPs.

p.s., that was a good test, I loaded the checkpoint and verified that hd.RECONFIGURABLE is actually set for that RP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Verify that HD.RECONFIGURABLE is set on cell A in the final routed checkpoint. This should be set by the '-reconfig_partittions' option of link_design, so this is just to verify something didn't go wrong. If this is set, no optimization to the boundary is allowed.

How are you checking the pins? Is it possible these unused pins are just hidden in schematic viewer?  You can try something like "llength  [get_pins -of [get_cells A]]" at various stages throughout the flow (post-link, post-opt, etc) to verify if the interface is being optimized along the way.

Visitor asi_ka
Visitor

Jump to solution

so I think I just found out my mistake.

I was not synthesizing static-top with a black-box for RPs. The RPs were small designs but were not empty files. So "SCOPED_TO_CELLS" wasn't even replacing them with the actual implementation of RPs.

p.s., that was a good test, I loaded the checkpoint and verified that hd.RECONFIGURABLE is actually set for that RP.

View solution in original post