UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor kamalahmade
Visitor

Partial Reconfiguration Vivado 2017.1 partial reconfiguration project flow crash

I have installed Vivado 2017.1 and try to do Lab 3: Partial Reconfiguration Project Flow  UG947 PR tutorial. The tool crashed when I select  " enable partial reconfiguration "

I don't know the reason, I have reinstalled the tool but still crashed when I select " enable partial reconfiguration "  

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Re: Partial Reconfiguration Vivado 2017.1 partial reconfiguration project flow crash

Hi @kamalahmade,

What do you mean by " The tool crashed"? Could you give more detail? Do you have an error message?

For your information: The partial reconfiguration license is now included in Vivado System Edition and Design Edition seats at no additional cost in 2017.1.

However, if you are using the webPack edition, you still need a separated license.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Re: Partial Reconfiguration Vivado 2017.1 partial reconfiguration project flow crash

Same happens to me. No error message. When the feature is selected the whole tool just shuts down.

0 Kudos

@marcos.martinez.01@kamalahmade,

Can you please share the vivado.log file? Also which OS are you using.

Try avoiding special characters or spaces in your project path directory.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Here you have the "vivado.log" file, it says "Attempting to get a license: PartialReconfiguration". I am using Windows 10. And the version is the System Edition

0 Kudos

Hi @marcos.martinez.01,

So do you have a separated license for Partial Reconfiguration?

Or are you using vivado system edition or design edition?

Regards,

Florent

Florent
0 Kudos

I do not have a separate license for PR

I am using vivado Design Edition (sorry, I told you System Edition in my previous post).

Thank you very much,

Marcos

0 Kudos

@marcos.martinez.01,

Looks like the crash is seen when the tool is attempting to get the PR license.

Can you please run the following command in Vivado TCL console and share the generated xinfo,txt file?

report_environment -file xinfo.txt

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

There you got it,

Thank you

0 Kudos

@marcos.martinez.01,

Looks like you have a webpack license which is a free license and it cannot be used for Partial reconfiguration.

Can you please share Xilinx_ZED.lic located at C:\.Xilinx folder to confirm if it is a webpack license only.

--Syed

0 Kudos

I have tried to use it with both: "Xilinx_ZED.lic" and "Xilinx_USPLUS.lic". I think that these are not free licenses

0 Kudos

Hi @marcos.martinez.01,

These licenses are devices licenses not tool licenses. I don't think this includes the partial reconfiguration license. You can request access by sending an email to pr_access@xilinx.com for a 30-day evaluation license (and clarify with them if you have a PR license but I don't think so). Please note that a valid corporate or university email address is required.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @marcos.martinez.01,

When the tool is crashes, hs_err log file (crashdump file) is normally created.

Can you share this crashdump file for examination please?

Regards,
Anatoli
Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos