UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mbroz
Visitor

Problems with BRAM and AXI Component into reconfigurable partition.

Hi,

I have some problems with AXI Components within reconfigurable partition

The RM has 2 AXI Component which are a custom component and a BRAM Controller.
The custom component, after it has performed the operations, starts two writes: the first into DDR, the second into the BRAM within RM.
In particular, because the BRAM is also needed from a C Application, the component writes in BRAM through the PS, so the flow is  
RM (Component) => Static partition (Axi interconnect) => PS => Static partiton (AXI Inter) => RM (BRAM).

So the first problem that I have is that when the component performs writes into BRAM the C Application get stuck. Through ILA I see that the AXI Response channel signals doesn't come back to the AXI Component which has started the operation, so the write op. doesn't complete.

ila_write_data.png

The upper image refers to the PS-to-RM side (the destination), while the second refers to the RM-to-PS side. As you can see the AXI protocol starts, the PS writes but it doesn't receive the BVALID Signal which should stop the transaction.

The next image refers to a single-burst transaction.

ILA

The upper image refers to the RM-to-PS side while the second refers to the PS-to-RM side (the destination).

Again, as you can see the the BVALID signal doesn't return to the initiator.

The second problem is related to read operations: if I try to read the registers of my component and BRAM trough the C Application it get stuck, but in ILA I see that the read transaction doesn't start!

I think that my design is correct because if I load the RM with only custom component (without BRAM, so no write op. in it) it works correctly (but I didn't try to read its registers from C Application), and I've clocked all input/output related to Reconfigurable Partition.

In addition the same design works without partial reconfiguration.

Could someone give me an hint to solve these problems?

Could someone give me an hint about these problems?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor mbroz
Visitor

Re: Problems with BRAM and AXI Component into reconfigurable partition.

I tried to write into BRAM by using XMD:

XMD% mwr 0x43C20000 0x1
ERROR: Cannot write to target

AP transaction timeout: ACK = 0x01, expected=0x02)
	Error Address = 0x43c20000, Size = 0x00000004

XMD% mrd 0x43C20000
ERROR: Cannot Read from target

AP transaction error (DP CTRL_STAT=0xf0000021)
	Error Address = 0x43c20000, Size = 0x00000004

XMD% mrd 0xE000B000
ERROR: Cannot Read from target

AP transaction error (DP CTRL_STAT=0xf0000021)
	Error Address = 0xe000b000, Size = 0x00000004

As you can see after the write operation into BRAM the CPU seems to get stuck because even the read into the 0xE000B000 address fails.

0 Kudos