UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Protecting IP using vivado

Dear community,

I am currently having some concerns when it comes to the protection of our IPs.

From what I read/ researched herein, I got to understand that IP present in some VHDL source can be protected using the Xilinx's IP encrytption tool , which supports IEEE-1735-2014 Version 2 algorithm. However, how are the encrypted design sources placed in the uncrypted bitstream? is an attacker still able to steal my IP from a bitstream reverse engineering attack? 

I am asking this, because I would like to sell IPs to be integrated in a costumer's design.... So, bitstream encryption is not a solution here.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Rodolfo 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Protecting IP using vivado

Some off the cuff thoughts...

Consider the IP encryption like a lock on your front door or on your bicycle...it will keep honest people honest.

And if you cannot trust your customer, how can you trust your customer's customers?

See this for some other ideas:  https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/partial-reconfiguration-with-encrypted-partial-bitstream/td-p/873952

Mike