UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Trying to understand pblock floorplanning error msg

I am playing around with different pblock floorplanning on zu9e device. Please help me understand what the error messages mean and the user guide that corresponds each of the message.

1. p_bft is the selected pblock.

ERROR: [DRC 23-20] Rule violation (HDPR-62) Reconfigurable Pblock using Global Clock resources must share a common clock region column. - HD.RECONFIGURABLE Pblock 'p_bft' violates floorplan rules. A reconfigurable Pblock that ranges Global Clock sources must have all of its clock regions reachable from a common vertical clock region column. Please re-floorplan to adhere to this requirement.

ERROR: [Vivado_Tcl 4-23] Error(s) found during DRC. Placer not run.

1.JPG

2. p_bft is the selected pblock

ERROR: [DRC 23-20] Rule violation (HDPR-70) Reconfigurable Pblock using Global Clock resources cannot share Clock Regions, potential clock root conflict. - HD.RECONFIGURABLE Pblock 'p_bft' and Pblock 'p_1' are both using Clock Region 'X1Y4'.     Any reconfigurable Pblock with a Global Clock source cannot share a clock region with any other reconfigurable Pblock if that clock region column may be used for a vertical clock root.  Please re-floorplan Pblocks to not share this clock region.

2.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Trying to understand pblock floorplanning error msg

Hello @moon5756,

If you include the global clocking resources in your Partial Reconfigurable PBlock, then you need to include the associated resources for them.  In the second screen shot, it appears that you have includes the global clocking resources that are needed for this PBlock, but now this same global clocking resources are used by another PBlock.  I recommend either removing the global clocking resources from the original PBlock, or replicate the global clocking resources for each PR PBlock.

Thanks,
Chris

Visitor louricci
Visitor

Re: Trying to understand pblock floorplanning error msg

Hi,

I am getting the same error as #1 above "Reconfigurable Pblock using Global Clock resources must share a common clock region column" with my design.  Can you provide a little more detail about how to fix the problem?  How can I determine which clock resources it is complaining about and what can be done to fix it?

Thanks

0 Kudos