UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Vivado block design methodology Vs. DO-254 complience

Highlighted

Vivado block design methodology Vs. DO-254 complience

Hi,

I'm wondering if the Vivado block design methodology is compliant or not with the DO-254 standards, specifically for top level generation, and pre-compiled IP Blocks like AXI and Xilinx's primitives.

Regards,

Re: Vivado block design methodology Vs. DO-254 complience

The tool is DO-254 compliant. Please take a look at the attached snapshot  from https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/white_papers/wp401_DO254_FPGA_Designer.pdf 

Coming to IPs, we have IPs that are specially certified for DO-254. I would recommend you to go to https://www.xilinx.com/member/avionics/index.htm for more detailed information. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
Capture.PNG

Hi smarell,

Thank you for the quick response, I agree with your answer about Xilinx's tools DO-254 compliance, but what about the IPs in the "IP Catalog" feature whether the IPs are Xilinx's (especially for the AXI IP) or third party one, are they certified under the DO-254?

Regards,

You should use the IPs marked as DO-254 compatible.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.