UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie fl27560

When I used PlanAhead to run synthesis, the run was just queued there, never started.

I am using PlanAhead 11.1 on a Window Xp machine. Thanks!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: When I used PlanAhead to run synthesis, the run was just queued there, never started.

Can you show a screenshot of how you started the run?  How many processors did you say were available?  Did you try right clicking on the implementation in the Design Runs window and select Launch Run?
0 Kudos

Re: When I used PlanAhead to run synthesis, the run was just queued there, never started.

Has this issue been resolved?

I am having the same problem

PlanAhead 11.3 on WIndows7 (x64).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Observer ertugrul
Observer

Also I have same problem but mistakenly I opened a new title, anyone can solve??
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
Observer ertugrul
Observer

David in the dos window of planahead it wirtes that ....\runme.js.. WshShell.exec can not find the file
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi All,

This has actually happened to me since I first saw this thread a while back.  I wasn't able to pinpoint the cause, but it could be something to do with running the project on a different OS than the one the PlanAhead project was originally created on.  Or it could be due to using different versions of PlanAhead and ISE which you shouldn't use.

Anyway, a workaround is to have it "Generate Scripts Only" and then go into the generated synth or impl folder and run the runme.bat or runme.sh file.

Another potential workaround is to recreate the project, but I haven't tried this.

David

Observer ertugrul
Observer

it is solved. you are right it is because of double installation of both version 11.1 and 10.1 and I removed all of them and installed just 10.1 then works!
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I had the same problem - traced it down to the fact that xst wasn't in my system path. So add your <xilinx_dir>\ISE\bin\nt (or whatever is appropriate for your system) to your path and restart PlanAhead - worked for me...
0 Kudos