UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

storing Partial bit file into BPI

Highlighted
Observer

storing Partial bit file into BPI

Hello,

I'm working in a partial reconfiguration project, i generated 2 partial bitstream files (.bit), i'm using partial reconfiguration controller (PRC) to manage partial reconfiguration operation, now i want to store these files partial bitstream files into BPI flash memory to call them during run time upon request, how to store these files into BPI (specific address)  to be called by PRC?

Re: storing Partial bit file into BPI

mo7amed_elhady@yahoo.com Did you check the #66 of the product guide?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/prc/v1_1/pg193-partial-reconfiguration-controller.pdf

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Observer

Hello,

Thanks for your attention, i read this one and also follow the labs in UG947, but in the configuration of PRC ip core, i have to insert the address of the bitstream file in the configuration library. so, may be this mean that i have to store the partial bitstream files in BPI flash memory first, and i don't know how to do that. it is not mention. i know that for the complete design it is required to have PRC ip core, AXI lite to access the storage device, and ICAP IP core for reconfiguration.

i'm using Kintex-7 kcx160t. this section is new for me and anything in the beginning may be a little bit difficult to understand. could you please give me any guide like lab , example, to show me how to store these file in BPI?

Thanks

mo7amed_elhady@yahoo.com 

After you have followed the steps on the #66 program the images onto the BPI flash

You can refer UG908 #46 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Observer

Hello ,

i generated the bin files of the partial bitstream files and pr_prom.mcs file (image file). the next step is to download image file on BPI flash, i followed UG908 #46 to do that but when downloading the partial files on BPI flash i got the following errors

ERROR: [Labtools 27-3144] Invalid option: Unspecified failure
ERROR: [Labtools 27-3161] Flash Programming Unsuccessfull
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'program_hw_cfgmem' failed due to earlier errors.

and when trying to download pr_prom.mcs file, i found the size of pr_prom.mcs file is larger than the bpi flash

so, how to solve these problems?

image file size is 20 MB and the partial bitstream files are 600kB and the full bitstream file is 6.5MB

the device is kintex-7 xck160t

thanks

Observer

Hello,

is it required to set the configuration type to BPI X16 option in "edit device properties" before the synthesis and partial reconfiguration process to be able to download pr_prom.mcs file on BPI after the reconfiguration? and the for compression?

Thanks

Observer

and the same for compression of bit file?