UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

synthesis out-of-date message right after the synthesis and implementation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have Vivado 2018.3. When I try to generate Bitstream immediately after running synthesis and implementation I see the following message:    

Synthesis is out-of-date. OK to launch synthesis and implementation first? 'Generate
Bitstream' will automatically start when synthesis and implementation completes

So, the synthesis and implementation are running again including the scripts set in tcl.pre. which is bad. Why can Vivado see what it did just seconds before? I did not touch any file of the project.

Thank you.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: synthesis out-of-date message right after the synthesis and implementation

Jump to solution

tcl.pre touches only revision text file, which I thought should not be checked by synthesis. I will try to disable tcl.pre and see the difference, if any.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Does your tcl.pre touch any files?  Synthesis checks file dates before running tcl.pre.  If any file is touched, synthesis is out of date before it even finishes.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

tcl.pre touches only revision text file, which I thought should not be checked by synthesis. I will try to disable tcl.pre and see the difference, if any.

Thank you.

0 Kudos