UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can't open target in hardware manager

Jump to solution

I have Vivado 2015.1 installed on my Win7 64 Pro laptop.  I have been using this for some time with no problems, but within the last couple of days I can no longer open a target from the hardware manager.  I am receiving the following message:

ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-26] No hardware targets exist on the server [TCP:localhost:3121]
Check to make sure the cable targets connected to this machine are properly connected
and powered up, then use the disconnect_hw_server and connect_hw_server commands
to re-register the hardware targets.

I have tried a different Platform Cable USB device and see no change.

I have reinstalled the cable drivers and see no change.

I have installed Vivado 2015.2 and see no change.

I can use the same cable on my desktop PC (also Win7 64 Pro) and everything works fine.

As I stated earlier, this has been working for quite some time and just recently developed a problem.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Can't open target in hardware manager

Jump to solution

The problem was that the windrvr6.sys driver files were too new.  It seems that these files had been updated a few weeks ago while working with a different tool set and the Xilinx tools could not handle the newer version.  I had to manually uninstall the files and then reinstall the Xilinx version of the driver and my Platform USB cable now works once again.  I guess I'll find out if this breaks my other tools when I get back to that project.

Michael

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@mellis If you have impact, can you give a try with impact? i had seen this problem long time back but restarting the machine did solve my problem.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Impact from ISE 14.7 does not see the cable.

I am able to launch hw_server on my desktop and use a remote connection from the laptop to the desktop and this works, but this isn't very portable.

Michael

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

When I look at the impact messages, I see the following:

Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
Driver file xusbdfwu.sys found.
Driver version: src=1027, dest=1027.
Driver windrvr6.sys version = 11.7.0.0. WinDriver v11.7.0 Jungo Connectivity (c) 1997 - 2014 Build Date: Oct 26 2014 x86_64 64bit SYS 09:16:51, version = 1170.
Invalid device driver license.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Jungo drivers but no change.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

The problem was that the windrvr6.sys driver files were too new.  It seems that these files had been updated a few weeks ago while working with a different tool set and the Xilinx tools could not handle the newer version.  I had to manually uninstall the files and then reinstall the Xilinx version of the driver and my Platform USB cable now works once again.  I guess I'll find out if this breaks my other tools when I get back to that project.

Michael

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi,I have faced the same problem with you,how can i uninstall the driver manaully?

Thanks

Makon

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @makon

You can uninstall drivers by following below steps:

1. Open command prompt as administrator
  2. Navigate to <Vivado_installed_directory>\2015.2\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64
  3. Run the command: wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf uninstall

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

This was not enough in my case.  You must also delete the newer (incompatible) driver files from the Windows folder structure and then reinstall the Xilinx provided drivers.

Google "manually uninstall windrvr6"

Michael

Visitor tentner
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hi mellis,

you are my hero! I tried for hours to fix this issue, it really drove me nuts...

Thanks,

Thomas
0 Kudos