UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie serhannn

ChipScope Pro error: "Failed to generate 'ila_pro_0'. Error found during generation."

Hi,

I'm using Xilinx ISE Webpack 13.1. My design works quite fine without a ChipScope Pro file. But after I generate a .cdc file with the CoreInserter and implement the design with it, I get the following error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<CoreGen>:WARNING:coreutil - Failed to generate file: example_design_vhd
<CoreGen>:ERROR:sim - Error found during generation.
<CoreGen>:ERROR:sim - Failed to generate 'ila_pro_0'.  Error found during generation.
<CoreGen>:ERROR:sim:877 - Error found during execution of IP 'ILA (ChipScope Pro -

See CoreGen Log C:\Users\SUUSER\Desktop\stajyer_yeni\stajyer\bypass_stajer\asic\fpga_pr\mb63d_xc6slx45_3\davraz\_ngo\cs_ila_pro_0\coregen.log

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, the relevant part of the coregen.log:

Configuring files for ila_pro_0 root...
WARNING:coreutil - Failed to generate file: example_design_vhd
invoked from within
"deliverEJava [getComponentName] {}"
(procedure "components::ila_pro_0::pre_generation" line 15)
invoked from within
"$PreGenerationTargets"
(procedure "::xilinx::sim::generation::generatePsfCore" line 55)
invoked from within
"::xilinx::sim::generation::generatePsfCore {chipscope_ila_v1_04_a}
{ila_pro_0} {ALL}"ERROR:sim - Unable to evaluate Tcl command:
::xilinx::sim::generation::generatePsfCore {chipscope_ila_v1_04_a}
{ila_pro_0} {ALL}
ERROR:sim - Error found during generation.
ERROR:sim - Failed to generate 'ila_pro_0'. Error found during generation.

ERROR:sim:877 - Error found during execution of IP 'ILA (ChipScope Pro -
Integrated Logic Analyzer) v1.04.a'

What can the source of the problem be? May it be a problem related to the version of ISE which I'm using?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Serhan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor jn84a
Visitor

Re: ChipScope Pro error: "Failed to generate 'ila_pro_0'. Error found during generation."

It may be related to AR 39647 (fixed in 13.2):

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/39647.htm

0 Kudos
Newbie ayok

Re: ChipScope Pro error: "Failed to generate 'ila_pro_0'. Error found during generation."

Hello,

Could anyone solve the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Observer bato990
Observer

This problem is related to windows or hardware.

I use ISE 14.6 and core generator work in one system with windows 7 64 bit while doesent work in another system with windows 7 64 bit and same error is reported.

I found asolution:

When you add a new core, in core generator check the "All IP versions", after this you can see all  versions of  cores for example all FIFO versions. This error occured when you want to generate final version, but generating previus versions of core will done completely without error.

there is some results of core generation:

ILA 1.05.a  : I receieve same error.

ILA 1.04.a : Core generated without error.

ICON 1.06.a : I receieve same error.

ICON 1.05.a : Core generated without error.err.JPG

0 Kudos