UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie agn

ChipScope Triggering

Hi everyone, I'm new to Chipscope and have a (hopefully) simple problem that I can't figure out. I'm using Chipscope 9.2 to monitor a piece of IP but I need to be able to monitor it for a 'meaningful' timeframe (around 40ms). At the moment, I can only get the triggering towork when I sample on every clock tick, but as the system runs on a 24MHz clock, this gives a far shorter sampling window than needed.

Ideally, I want to set the triggering such that Chipscope only takes a sample every 64 clock ticks (say). If necessary, I can add a free-runing counter to the IP to help with this but I'm afraid I have no idea how to set up Chipscope properly to achieve the task.

Any help would be very appreciated,

Andy

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ChipScope Triggering

What you are looking to do isn't part of the features of the ILA core.

You suggestion to create a counter to be able to control this is right way to accomplish what you want to do.

If you only want to collect a sample every 64 clock cycles, then you can use a 6-bit counter to count from 0 to 63 and a comparator (either all zeros or all ones)  to generate the trigger signal to the ILA core.

Verilog example:

always @ (posedge clk)

begin 

if (reset )

count[5:0] <= 6'b00_0000;

else 

count[5:0] <= count[5:0] + 1'b1;

end

assign trigger_64 = (count[5:0] == 6'b00_0000);

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos