UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gvleming03
Visitor

ChipScope script problem

Hi all,

I'm having problems launching ChipScope from both ISE and the command line in Ubuntu Linux 10.04. In either case, the following errors get printed in Terminal:

/opt/Xilinx/12.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: XIL_DIRS[0]=/opt/Xilinx/12.1/ISE_DS/ISE: not found
/opt/Xilinx/12.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 152: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable

I'm not too familiar with scripting, but it seems that this "cs_common.sh" script is broken. I was able to fix a simpler problem in this script (variable not found error), but I'm not sure what to do about these.  I'm using a bash shell, and from what I've learned in the 15 minutes I've been reading about bash scripting, the looping construct is incorrect. Here's the code:

# Walk through the XILINX directories looking for the first JRE
  assigned=0
  for ((i=0; i<${#XIL_DIRS[@]}; i++))
  do
    tstdir="${XIL_DIRS[$i]}/java6/${XIL_CS_OS}/jre"
    if [ $assigned -eq 0 -a -d $tstdir ]
    then
      assigned=1
      XIL_CS_JRE=$tstdir
    fi
  done

I know you can't use this C-like for-loop, but I'm not sure how to alter it so that it has the same behavior in bash script syntax.

As for the other error involving XIL_DIRS, the code is this:

##
# Break MYXILINX and XILINX into components. Store them in XIL_DIRS
##

SaveIFS=$IFS

The comment is self-explanatory, but it doesn't look like they store anything in XIL_DIRS (which should be an array). Do I need to just declare this variable as an array, or is there something more to it?

Any help resolving these issues would be much appreciated. I've attached the entire script for reference.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Newbie anunakin

Re: ChipScope script problem

I'm using ISE 12.3 under Linux Ubuntu 10.04 and I have same problem here Chipscope not working...

############ EDIT #############

Found a solution, posts 8 and 9 solved it for me, we need set /bin/sh to /bin/bash

http://xlnx.lithium.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/ISE-12-1-Linux-Installs/m-p/75824#M1471

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone found a solution to this?

Same problem using ISE 14.7 on ubuntu 13.10

0 Kudos

0 Kudos