UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer fdpousa
Observer

Generating eye diagram using zynq-7000 (ZedBoard)

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I want to generate an eye diagram using a ZedBoard. The main idea is debug a signal and generate an eye diagram using IBERT IP Core. When I tried to do add IBERT a message says "IP is disabled because it does not support the current part", in compatible families I can see that the part place on ZedBoard is not included.

Do I have any other alternative using a Zedboard and monitoring the eye diagram with Vivado?

Regards,

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Generating eye diagram using zynq-7000 (ZedBoard)

Jump to solution

The Zedboard uses a Zynq xc7z020. This part doesn't include any kind of MGT. IBERT is only usable with MGTs (GTP, GTH, ...).

For the selectio-pins, the part only has HR-Pins. These are in optimal conditions able to drive a 1.2GBit/s Signal.

As far as I know, there's no internal way to do a proper eye scan on selectio-pins. I would use a good oscilloscope and measure with that.

2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

The Zedboard uses a Zynq xc7z020. This part doesn't include any kind of MGT. IBERT is only usable with MGTs (GTP, GTH, ...).

For the selectio-pins, the part only has HR-Pins. These are in optimal conditions able to drive a 1.2GBit/s Signal.

As far as I know, there's no internal way to do a proper eye scan on selectio-pins. I would use a good oscilloscope and measure with that.

Jump to solution

Hi @fdpousa,

@klasha is correct! The part included in the ZedBoard does not have any GT transceiver, therefore, you cannot use the IBERT IP to monitor and generate eye scans.

Since you are using the SelectIO ports to transmit data, the only option is to use an oscilloscope to directly measure it.

Thanks.

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos