UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer lxqvictor
Observer

How to use chipscope in vivado project?

Jump to solution

HI all,

I'm using the Vivado 2013.4, in my project i want to use chipscope to capture data,

i did install the ise 14.3 which include the chipscope, the problem is :

there are no ICON and ILA IP that constituted chipscope in Vivado IP Catalog , i added the ICON and ILA that

generated in ISE14.3, but the Vivado2013.4 could not recognize them,

what's the right way to use  chipscope in vivado project? Could anyone  help me? Thanks.

ps: Vivado 2013.4 and ISE14.3 is not the same  version, Vivado 2013.4 is newer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to use chipscope in vivado project?

Jump to solution
Hi ,

As you are looking to migrate to Vivado logic debug cores please go through video training
http://www.xilinx.com/training/vivado/migrating-to-vivado-logic-debug-cores.htm

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 Replies

Jump to solution
VIVADO has lab tools which consists of ILA and VIO. Please use these cores in VIVADO.

The user guide at the link below could help you
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug936-vivado-tutorial-programming-debugging.pdf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi ,

As you are looking to migrate to Vivado logic debug cores please go through video training

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no need of using ICON core in vivado. Just generate and instantiate ILA core.

In Vivado IP catalog, search with keyword ILA, you will find IP. See below

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Observer lxqvictor
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Observer lxqvictor
Observer

Jump to solution
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Visitor currently
Visitor

Jump to solution

If you do wish to use your old chipscope cores in Vivado, you can still do this.  

1) Using coregen, build your NGC's for the ICON / ILA / VIO

2) In Vivado, load the NGCs using the read_edif command (You will need to blackbox your component instantiation)

I have successfully used this approach on a couple of products now.  I find the Vivado debug flow/tools is cumbersome and problematic.  The vivado ILA is also bloated in comparison to the coregen/ISE ILA.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello,

i try to use chipscope  in vivado to monitor the internal signals in real time, and i used ILA ip core to connect the required signal to the prob and add the ip core it to the top level module, and i generated the BIT file then open chipscope program and download the bit file to FPGA (successfully) , but no signals or waveform window appeared,,, so i can't monitor any signals

is there a missing processes ??

lxqvictor

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi mo7amed_elhady@yahoo.com,

For detailed information you can refer UG908 'Vivado Programming and Debugging': https://china.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

Tutorial is available here in UG936: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug936-vivado-tutorial-programming-debugging.pdf

Perhaps, you could have posted this query as a new thread.

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor elhady
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The video is 404'd

@achutha wrote:
Hi ,

Regards,
Achutha

0 Kudos