UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

ICON outside of the block with ILA instance - CONTROL0 signals trimmed away

I use ISE 14.5

When I use ILA inside a "block_with_ILA_inside" and ICON outside this block then I get the same problem as in here

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52789.htm

and the solution is exacty the same !!!

entity block_with_ILA_inside is port(
something : in std_logic;
CONTROL : inout std_logic_vector(35 downto 0)
);
end A;

and somwhwere in the top project I do:

inst : block_with_ILA_inside port map(
somehting => another_something,
CONTROL => ICON_CONTROL0_SIG);

inst_ICON : icon port map(
CONTROL0 =>  ICON_CONTROL0_SIG);

WITH read_cores set in synthesis I get plenty of:
WARNING:NgdBuild:452 - logical net 'sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_sender_sniffer_anal/CONTROL<12>' has no driver

LIT:243 - Logical network sata_reader_icon[10] has no load.

MapLib:979 - LUT6 symbol "sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_CAPSTOR/I_CASE1.I_YES_TB.U_TRACE_BUFFER/U_RD_COL_MUX/I6.U_MUX64/Mmux_O_10" (output signal=sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_CAPSTOR/I_CASE1.I_YES_TB.U_TRACE_BUFFER/U_RD_COL_MUX/I6.U_MUX64/Mmux_O_10) has input signal "sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_CAPSTOR/I_CASE1.I_YES_TB.U_TRACE_BUFFER/rd_col_addr_dly<0>" which will be trimmed. See Section 5 of the Map Report File for details about why the input signal will become undriven.

MapLib:979 - LUT2 symbol "sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_TRIG/U_TM/G_NMU[12].U_M/I_MC_YES.U_MC/I_SRLT_NE_1.U_BRK1" (output signal=sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_TRIG/U_TM/G_NMU[12].U_M/I_MC_YES.U_MC/cfg_data<5>) has input signal "sata_reader_sfp_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_reader_sniffer_anal/CONTROL<32>" which will be trimmed. See Section 5 of the Map Report File for details about why the input signal will become undriven.

MapLib:979 - LUT3 symbol "sfp_reader_sata_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_sender_sniffer_anal/U0/I_NO_D.U_ILA/U_DOUT" (output signal=sata_sender_icon[3]) has input signal "sfp_reader_sata_sender/sniffer_gen.fifo_sender_sniffer_anal/CONTROL<6>" which will be trimmed. See Section 5 of the Map Report File for details about why the input signal will become undriven.

Perhaps there could be an AR for that.

TJ

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: ICON outside of the block with ILA instance - CONTROL0 signals trimmed away

If the AR mentioned is your solution...what is the other requirement in this topic?
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: ICON outside of the block with ILA instance - CONTROL0 signals trimmed away

Hello,

tomasz.janicki.tj  can you please elborate what are your expectations?

Do you think that AR was helpful to resolve your issue?

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos