UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor milagorobets
Visitor

ILA Debug Core Clock problem ("Failed to get a response from the Debug Core Hub")

I am trying to debug my IP design using ChipScope.

The S_AXI_ACLK pin of my IP is connected to FCLK_CLK0, and set to 100MHz. 

I have tried setting up the debugging core with FCLK_CLK0 as the clock domain, but that produces an error:

ERROR: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: XSDB Master timed out.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-1437] Failed to get a response from the Debug Core Hub on device xc7z020_1 (JTAG device index = 1), in user chain = 1.
Resolution:
1) Verify that the clock signal connected to the debug core is clean and free-running.
2) Verify that the clock connected to the debug core meets all timing constraints.

I then switched the debugging core to use FCLK_CLK1 as the clock domain, but that produces the same error. I have set the frequency of CLK1 to 200MHz, but that doesn't change anything. 

The FCLK_CLK0 signal isn't connected to anything except S_AXI_ACLK on my design. Any ideas for what I can do to get it to work?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ILA Debug Core Clock problem ("Failed to get a response from the Debug Core Hub")

hello,

please try using following commands.

set DEBUG_HUB_CLK_PIN [get_pins dbg_hub/XSDB_CLK_I]
disconnect_net -net [get_nets -of $DEBUG_HUB_CLK_PIN] -objects $DEBUG_HUB_CLK_PIN
connect_net -net [get_nets <continously running clock net name>] -objects $DEBUG_HUB_CLK_PIN

hope this helps

thanks,

Shreyas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in left) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ILA Debug Core Clock problem ("Failed to get a response from the Debug Core Hub")

Hi,
Check if you have any timing violations in your design.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos