UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor az_fpga
Visitor

ILA keeps showing <const>

Jump to solution

Untitled.png

Everytime I load a new bitfile into my board the ILAs come up with all these <const> signals. While the actual signals I need are still there. This is a major annoyance to have to delete them all and readd what I need.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ILA keeps showing <const>

Jump to solution

Hi @az_fpga,

It looks like the ILA is still keeping those undesired probes in the memory, even though you changed the LTX file.

Could you please try the following:

Go into the project directory, find the <project_name>.hw directory, and remove all the files in it.

proj.hw folder.jpg

After that, you might need to re-synthesize, implement and generate the bitstream to make sure the new files have been generated.

If the above doesn’t work, another solution would be to create a new project, import all the design files into it, and then re-synthesize, implement and generate the bitstream.

Please let me know if those steps help you.

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @az_fpga ,

It looks like the LTX file is adding some of those extra probes for some reason.

I have a few questions just so we can better understand your project. Are all the probes you need always there? did you notice if any of them is missing? Also, how are you adding the ILA (do you use the HDL instantiation or Set Up debug insertion)?

My first recommendation is to go ahead and generate a new LTX file, to see if it automatically removes those const probes.

Could you please open a synthesized desing and run the command  write_debug_probes C:/<your_directory>/MyProbes.ltx. Make sure to give this file some custom name so it doesn’t get overwritten later.

Then, when you can go and reprogram the board and make sure you point the new LTX file and not the default one (Vivado will want to bring the default LTX file, which has the same name as the bitstream. You ned to manually point to this new one).

Could you please try that and let us know if it helps?

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

0 Kudos
Visitor az_fpga
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply. We are doing it by HDL instatiaton and via block design as well. I do see all my probes when I reload just with all these const in the selection area. Give me a little time and I will try this out. Thank you again.

Visitor az_fpga
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Andre-

We made the ltx using the write_debug_probes. Then reloaded the probe file. Unfortunately the <const> still exist.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @az_fpga,

It looks like the ILA is still keeping those undesired probes in the memory, even though you changed the LTX file.

Could you please try the following:

Go into the project directory, find the <project_name>.hw directory, and remove all the files in it.

proj.hw folder.jpg

After that, you might need to re-synthesize, implement and generate the bitstream to make sure the new files have been generated.

If the above doesn’t work, another solution would be to create a new project, import all the design files into it, and then re-synthesize, implement and generate the bitstream.

Please let me know if those steps help you.

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

0 Kudos