UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

ISE 14.7 strange characters on console view and core damped warning

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Adventurer
Accepted Solution

ISE 14.7 strange characters on console view and core damped warning

Hello

I'm using ISE 14.7 on ubuntu 16.04 LTS machine and sometimes having strange characters on Console or Error Pane. The last one is something like in the attached picture. After I got this  ISE collapses and core damped warning appears on linux terminal. So what is wrong with this and how can I fix it? 

Thanks in advance and best wishes

IMG_0532.jpg

Accepted Solutions

Re: ISE 14.7 strange characters on console view and core damped warning

@macellan85

Ubuntu 16.05 LTE is not a supported OS for ISE 14.7. Please use supported OS to avoid such in deterministic results.

Refer this link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.html

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

@macellan85

Ubuntu 16.05 LTE is not a supported OS for ISE 14.7. Please use supported OS to avoid such in deterministic results.

Refer this link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.html

Regards

Rohit

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Adventurer

Hello @thakurr 

Thanks for the reply. Actually this happens very rarely but I'm surprised to see UBUNTU 16.04 LTS is not supported. 

Best wishes