UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor macrorie
Visitor

ISE Project Navigator: How to produce a JEDEC or XSVF file from a project file for XC95144XL

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am very new to this and trying to learn.  Please excuse if this is in the wrong forum/section/topic.  I diligently spent a goo d portion of time searching for something similar to no avail.  Here is what I need to do:

I have a project file for an XC95144XL.  I need to open that .vise file so that I can generate a jed file or an xsvf file so I can program the XC95144XL.  

When I open the project in the project navigator for 14.7, I get an error dialog (I have attached it below).  Project Navigator then alters the device target and causes the resulting attempts at output to do nothing but generate errors.  

I thought I might be able to install a prior version of the web pack that still have the XC9500 family installed, but the file is saved with version 14 and version 12 will not open it.  

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks

Tags (3)
Screenshot 2018-07-31 19.39.48.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ISE Project Navigator: How to produce a JEDEC or XSVF file from a project file for XC95144XL

Jump to solution

Hi @macrorie,

>>I thought I might be able to install a prior version of the web pack that still have the XC9500 family installed, but the file is saved with version 14 and version 12 will not open it. 

ISE is not backward compatible. You need to use 14.7 if the project is created in it or create a new project with ISE 12.

I can see that xc95144XL device is available with ISE 14.7 as shown below. 

xc95.JPG

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ISE Project Navigator: How to produce a JEDEC or XSVF file from a project file for XC95144XL

Jump to solution

Hi @macrorie,

>>I thought I might be able to install a prior version of the web pack that still have the XC9500 family installed, but the file is saved with version 14 and version 12 will not open it. 

ISE is not backward compatible. You need to use 14.7 if the project is created in it or create a new project with ISE 12.

I can see that xc95144XL device is available with ISE 14.7 as shown below. 

xc95.JPG

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
Visitor macrorie
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply!  This thread should be closed.  the XC9500XL family is definitely supported in the Win7/XP version of the Web Pack.

The problem is that I thought the Windows 10 Web Pack version would solve the problem (because I did not understand the differences).  After digging in the downloads and looking at the schematic of what version supports which family of chips, I know now that this is a very specific build for a specific family of chips.  I needed to download the Win7/XP version of the web pack and use that.  I did so and all is well.  I got done what I needed to do and my project now works.

Thanks!

0 Kudos