UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Labtools usb driver with Fedora 12

Jump to solution

I'm hoping to install ISE Labtools (13.1 or later) on a box that is running Fedora12 (32-bit, 2.6.32-26-175 kernel).  I just need to use chipscope.  Using the GUI install no errors are reported if I don't tick the box for driver installation.  Doing a command line driver install of the USB driver gives me compilation errors.

Unfortunately updating the OS on the box is not possible.  I know this is not a support OS but am hoping someone has done this successfully anyway.  Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Labtools usb driver with Fedora 12

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip.  I made the mistake of trying to get the windriver driver to work.  Once I realized that the libusb driver was supported I was eventually able to get it up.  I install procedure that worked for me is here:

http://www.fpgarelated.com/comp.arch.fpga/thread/100442/can-t-get-the-xilinx-cable-drivers-installed-on-sl6-1-rhel-6-1.php

One detail that I initially overlooked was to make the symbolic link called "libusb.so" because my system already had libusb installed.

I also needed to set the XIL_IMPACT_USE_LIBUSB=1 environment variable (mentioned at the bottom of the discussing that I linked to).  Counterintuitively, this controls both impact and chipscope analyzer.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

The ISE tools rely on fxload in Linux.  If you dont have fxload, try downloading it and installing it:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/18926162/dir/fedora_12/com/fxload-2002_04_11-9.fc12.i686.rpm.html

I got Vivado 2013.4 and 2014.2 to program a board in OpenSuSE 11.4 after getting fxload installed and updated, so I think there's hope for you as well.

-Jordan

This signature intentionally left blank.
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip.  I made the mistake of trying to get the windriver driver to work.  Once I realized that the libusb driver was supported I was eventually able to get it up.  I install procedure that worked for me is here:

http://www.fpgarelated.com/comp.arch.fpga/thread/100442/can-t-get-the-xilinx-cable-drivers-installed-on-sl6-1-rhel-6-1.php

One detail that I initially overlooked was to make the symbolic link called "libusb.so" because my system already had libusb installed.

I also needed to set the XIL_IMPACT_USE_LIBUSB=1 environment variable (mentioned at the bottom of the discussing that I linked to).  Counterintuitively, this controls both impact and chipscope analyzer.

0 Kudos